We left Hesperia at about 9:30 this morning and drove through many miles of desert. I guess some people find beauty in the desert, but after awhile we found it to be a tad monotonous. We can’t really fathom why anyone would choose to live in Needles California. (No offense, Needles.)
After driving through the rest of California along I-40, we finally reached Arizona. We’ve heard a lot about the In-N-Out burgers, and when we got to Kingman, we finally tried them. They're good! Fries weren’t bad either, although I’ve had better. (One of my favorite places for fries is the Linn City Pub in West Linn, Oregon.)
We drove awhile longer and ended our day in Sedona. Wow! Spectacular scenery. We stayed in the very quaint little Sedona Motel, and had dinner at Elote – an amazing Mexican place just down the road. I had the lamb adobo and a prickly-pear margarita, Rick tried the pork cheeks. Both meals were delicious.
Tomorrow – the Grand Canyon!!


No comments:
Post a Comment