
AWAY WE GO -- EVENTUALLY
I received a wonderful send off from Marylhurst last week. There was a fun fare well party with carrot cake (my favorite), lots of kind words, nice cards, gifts, and many hugs. And so many great emails – I can’t thank everyone enough.
But as the sadness of leaving fades, the pain in my back and knees is all too vivid! I’ve decided that moving is a lot like having a baby. Over time, you forget the pain involved and foolishly do it all over again. The POD arrived on Monday. We started loading it on Tuesday. Shortly thereafter, we found we needed more boxe$. By Wednesday we determined that we have TOO MUCH STUFF and had to rent a U-Haul for the exce$$. We hope to finish loading both POD and trailer on Thursday, cleaning on Friday, and then hit the road! As excited as we are for our new adventure, I’m ready for this part to be over.
I think the pain of childbirth fades quicker than the pain of moving! LOL. If you end up going down I-5 instead of taking 84 (Dad had mentioned you might hit California on the way), let us know!
ReplyDelete